Capian and Figma : two complementary tools
Capian is a diagnostic tool for digital interfaces. It is also a collaborative work tool that aims to improve communication between the members of the team involved, particularly through remote and real-time exchange.
Figma is a prototyping tool dedicated to optimizing the design of digital interfaces. It is also a powerful collaborative tool that consolidates the work of a team by providing an impressive number of plugins to automate its work and ensure better cohesion between them.
The joint use of these two tools can only be beneficial, not only for the designers, but also for their partners and clients.
What is Figma?
Figma is an Agile team-oriented web design tool. It offers a simple and intuitive interface for creating user interfaces (UI). This solution combines all the familiar features of other competing applications (Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, etc.) in one place and allows the import of files produced by other software, such as Photoshop and Illustrator. This greatly facilitates the work of a UX designer and allows him to create his graphical interfaces with more fluidity.
Also, it is a dedicated tool to create the design system of an organization. It is a library of graphical components, which includes colors, fonts, templates, icons, etc. These components are identified in the library of the UX system. These components are identified in the library with a unique reference.
UI components are shareable and reusable, i.e. a designer can use a UI component already developed and make certain modifications to it. These modifications are reproduced in all projects. This avoids the risk of inconsistency in the use of this element by other collaborators.
Figma's strength lies in the colossal number of plugins (designed by designers) that serve to offer all the elements the UX designer needs to automate his work and easily produce his graphic creations: mock-up, wireframe, prototype, etc.
Overview of the Figma workflow
Figma : a plugin for Jira
Jira Software is a collaborative project management tool for agile teams. It allows you to create projects, schedule tasks and create reports about the team's performance.
Importing the Figma module into Jira allows designers and developers to collaborate in a synchronous way. Imported design files are updated in real time. Therefore, any user of these resources is guaranteed to work with reliable and up-to-date files.
With this plugin, it is possible to add designs and prototypes to the organization's Scrum or Kanban boards. On the other hand, it facilitates the transfer and communication between members who have the required access rights.
Figma: a plugin for Slack
Slack is a powerful collaboration tool that optimizes exchanges between team members through a centralized and highly secure workspace. In this space, collaborators can share their files, control their workflow, exchange ideas and decide together.
The integration of the Figma plugin in Slack allows users to receive notifications, when a contributor comments a design. Likewise, this module allows to answer, in Slack, to the messages received.
Any collaborator with a Figma account and access to the UI components library can display the elements of this library and leave comments.
Figma : a plugin for Zeplin
Zeplin is an online collaborative work application. It ensures centralized communication between all members involved, such as designers and developers of websites and mobile applications. Thanks to this tool, these professionals can work closely together and access a unique and constantly updated database.
Using Zeplin and Figma together ensures that project resources are circulated more quickly between team members and helps them save time by accessing centralized and secure files in real time.
Capian and Figma: two powerful collaborative work tools
Capian : un outil d’évaluation UX complet
Capian is a UX/UI evaluation tool for digital interfaces. This solution is designed by UX professionals to optimize review procedures, UX audit, heuristic and expert evaluation. It also allows optimization of interface review iterations, to detect as early as possible any usability defect.
Through a Chrome extension, the evaluator can quickly perform his inspections, without leaving the application or website, subject of evaluation. Whatever his discipline: UX designer, UI designer, UX writer, designops, devops, product manager, marketing team, etc., he can use the tool easily and without spending time to learn its features.
A few actions are all it takes to create a complete evaluation report and share it with the members involved. In particular, the evaluator can:
- Capture in a single click the usability problem on a mobile device or on a desktop and describe the recommendations in response.
- Classify captures according to standard UX criteria (like Amélie Boucher's or Bastien & Scapin's criteria) or customized according to the organization's activity. The evaluator can also use custom tags to group them together, to make them easier to find later. Capian is not only dedicated to usability auditing, but also to the analysis of web systems. For this reason, it offers the user and their company the ability to use their own UX evaluation grid to perform a more accurate inspection of their HMI interfaces. As a result, Capian can be used to perform UI/UX evaluations in a variety of areas: benchmarking, marketing, competitive intelligence, etc.
- Conducting an SEO audit that allows us to establish an assessment of the website, in order to identify the problems that affect its ranking in search results (SERP). This audit allows to elaborate an internal (On-page) and external (Off-page) SEO action plan, which represent the guarantee of a better visibility and a strong potential of qualified traffic.
- Organize, adjust and enrich your report with new annotations or images at any time. The evaluator can even import other captures from other tools.
- Manage the version order of your evaluation projects. The user can archive a project to lighten his workspace and he can reactivate it again if needed. All versions are gathered in a single space, which guarantees to simplify the interface revision process.
- Control access to your project. The evaluator has the privilege to allow or ban access to his report for certain users. For example, to restrict access to his project, he can put it in read-only mode and share it using a private link.
- The user is notified after each intervention in his project, such as adding a capture or receiving a comment.
- Filtering, sorting and prioritizing the identified problems, using a severity score, in order to provide the employees with well-structured feedback. In this way, the evaluator and his collaborators can have an overview of the blocking points found, which is supported by illustrative statistics.
- It is important to point out that a well-founded evaluation report promotes the search for possible improvements to enhance the efficiency of a user interface.
- Identify and prioritize optimizations in collaboration with other stakeholders. In this sense, Capian is an optimal tool for decision making and detecting favorable opportunities to improve user interface performance.
- Generate your report automatically online and without any formatting requirements. Capian has chosen to allow the user to be creative and customize their reports to their preferences.
- Develop a roadmap for the project, with the goal of orchestrating internal communication among team members, and external communication with partners and clients. This visual diagram highlights the project's objectives, the schedule of tasks to be carried out, the product's delivery deadline, etc., using graphic representations.
- Manage your projects with great flexibility. Capian offers filters and search tools to quickly find a project. The evaluator can also export it in PDF and PowerPoint format, when necessary.
Capian is a human-oriented tool. It is easy to use and does not require extensive training to become familiar with its features. Also, there is no complicated installation to run it.
Or, you can schedule a demonstration with one of our experts!
Capian and Figma: two essential tools for solid collaboration
Capian provides all of the required factors - comfort, speed, ease of use, and interactivity - to deliver an enjoyable user experience. The benefits of this solution also extend to all members involved in the project.
One of the main objectives of Capian is to create a true symbiosis between collaborators to communicate, criticize, validate and adjust UI (user interface) elements remotely, at any time and from anywhere. As a result, all collaborators have the same information: the most recent and freshest at any given time.
With capian, there is no longer any need to send a long email with several captures to dissect the problem raised. There is also no need to organize long meetings to discuss the improvements that need to be implemented.
Everything is done remotely, which saves a lot of time in communicating with the different actors of the project. These professionals can share captures, annotations and comments in the same place and in real time.
Capian is a good alternative to collaborate more efficiently, using a single database that is accessible by all members involved. Similarly, exchanges with customers are simplified. Simply invite them to the workspace, and get their feedback and adjustments quickly. This translates into improved efficiency on a large scale throughout the organization.
Remote work optimizes the monitoring of the work and the control of the progress of the teams in the project. It also allows for immediate guidance and increases the efficiency of the work.
A better productivity guarantees a better shipper and ensures a quality delivery on time. The organization can thus assert its performance and credibility to its customer.
Similarly, Figma also presents itself as an undeniable collaborative tool for interface design. With this solution, it is possible for UX designers to design interfaces together and at the same time.
In order to increase the efficiency of the UX designers' work, Figma offers them all the necessary tools to focus on their work and enhance their creative potential, instead of wasting time searching or working on various software to achieve their mission.
It also offers a chat feature to facilitate communication between the designers in the team. Thus, they can share their prototypes and comment them in real time.
The tool also provides a well-designed versioning to put all the designs in order. In each version, the UX designer can comment on each interface to give more details on his design to his team members.
It is a multi-OS application that can run on different operating systems. This gives more flexibility to designers on the same team who use different OS. So, there is no risk that the model made by a UX designer using Mac OS, can not be used by another UX designer using Windows. Multiple designers can work instantly on the same graphic resources in real time.
The integration of one of these tools increases the efficiency of collaboration between stakeholders and ensures sequential and complementary work between Capian and Figma.
Following the UX assessment with Capian, designers can base their design on this analysis. As a result, they can create interfaces that are free of issues that can get in the way of a great user experience. They can move forward with their work more firmly and provide developers with perfectly designed user-centric interfaces.
Real-time collaboration is a boon for UX designers. It reduces the monotony of work and makes the pace faster and more enjoyable and most importantly, more comfortable. The immediacy of the response and the availability of up-to-date data, at any time, are essential factors to increase the efficiency and productivity of the team. This in turn has an impact on the quality of work and customer satisfaction.
These objectives are pursued by Capian and Figma, who rely on the strength of coordination between collaborators, remotely and in real time. This in order to evolve more rapidly and duly in the project.
For any further information, do not hesitate to contact us!